The Tracker 2 is the new standard in simple, reliable beacons from Backcountry Access.
The Backcountry Access Tracker 2 subtracts weight and size, and adds real-time display and a third receiving antenna to the best-selling, dead-simple Tracker DTS. The third digital antenna increases accuracy and provides a strong buried signal in any orientation, while the real-time display eliminates lag time, allowing you to narrow your search zone quickly when seconds count. The Tracker 2's single search / transmit switch makes learning and teaching a snap, and it reduces confusion when you hit adrenaline overdrive.
- Unit weight with batteries:255 grams
- Harness weight: 120 grams
- Dimensions: 13.2 x 8.2 x 2.7 cm
- Rapid processor and simple user interface
- Real-time, digital display shows direction and distance
- Multiple burial indicator light
- Bright red LEDs (light emitting diodes)
- Uses three AAA alkaline batteries
- Includes a protective carrying case
- Frequency: 457 kHz
- Batteries: three AAA alkaline
- Battery life: minimum 1 hour in search mode after 200 hours in transmit mode (approximately 250 hours in transmit only or 50 hours in search only)
- Range: 50 meters
- Limited 5-year warranty
- Assembled and tested in the USA
- Certified to be in compliance with all applicable North American and European norms.
- US Patent #6,167,249 & 6,484,021 B1