A 'high tech' version of the classic figure 8, with a bunch fo differnt descent speeds.
The PIRANA descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness. Designed for use with canyoning descent techniques.
- Three braking positions
- Two extra friction spurs allow friction to be varied during descent
- Used with a carabiner with a cross-section of 12 mm (WILLIAM), it creates a rigid carabiner/descender unit that helps maintain noise discipline. The descender is used with rapid technique and is drop resistant.
- Stays attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning
- Helps prevent the formation of a lark’s head hitch around the body and reduces rope twisting, without decreasing braking friction
- Weight: 90 g
- Rope compatibility: for single ropes between 8 and 13 mm in diameter