Since its humble beginnings, innovation has defined the Burton Custom series and set it apart as the most popular, versatile, and mimicked board in snowboarding. Since 1996, this icon has reigned supreme and constantly evolved with a proven formula that combines time-honored design with envelope-pushing ingredients to create a lightweight, poppy, and highly versatile board. Offered in two versions, the precision and stability of the Custom camber is the top choice for many pro riders, while the Custom Flying V™ combines camber’s power with the relaxed float of rocker for the best of both worlds.
- Camber - An advocate of powerful turns and poppy precision, camber speaks to the core values of board design. Offering a snappy suspension, camber distributes weight evenly over the entire length of the board for smooth, continuous edge control from tip to tail.
- Directional Shape - The classic snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
- Twin Flex - The flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that’s equally versatile regular or switch.
- Super Fly II 700G Core - Stronger and lighter woods target specific areas of the core to provide pop, strength, and reduced weight.
- Dualzone™ EGD™ - Engineered wood grains for more edge-hold, response, and strength. The wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core, for consistent edge-hold and added strength.
- Squeezebox - Profiled core for easier board control, more energy, and pop. Burton's most versatile Squeezebox profile improves pop and performance through the balance of thicker, more powerful core sections with thinner, more flexible sections. Rider energy is transferred outward from beneath the feet, energizing the tip and tail while making the board snappier, more stable, and easier to manipulate.
- 45° Carbon Highlights - Carbon Highlights optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine tune torsional feel to achieve different ride characteristics. A 60° fiber angle creates a highly maneuverable and playful feel, while a 45° fiber angle provides a more aggressive ride. Hi-Voltage models like the Custom X and Custom X Flying V include the addition of carbon strands to the angled fiber layers to add life and further reduce weight.
- Sintered WFO Base - Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays Wide F!#@ing Open all season in any condition.