Pro-caliber is a strong statement for any board, but the Burton Custom X has repeatedly delivered for snowboarding’s most demanding riders due to precise design and powerful drive. The confidence is in the tech, which includes the carbon-fueled snap of Squeezebox High core profiling, a competition-grade base, and 45° Carbon Highlights High-Voltage for the ultimate in lightweight responsiveness. The hardest charging board we make, the Custom X is available in two versions: choose the power of camber or the float and catch-free feel of Flying V.
- An advocate of powerful turns and poppy precision, camber speaks to the core values of board design. Offering a snappy suspension, camber distributes weight evenly over the entire length of the board for smooth, continuous edge control from tip to tail.
- The classic snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
- The flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that’s equally versatile regular or switch.
- Use of end-grain woods in impact zones allows us to swap heavier woods for lighter weight species without sacrificing strength.
- ENGINEERED WOOD GRAINS FOR MORE EDGE-HOLD, RESPONSE, AND STRENGTH. In four separate zones, the wood grain is perpendicular to the core adjacent to The Channel®—the area from which a rider’s power emanates—for ultimate strength and edge control.
- Profiled core for easier board control, more energy, and pop. Our most versatile Squeezebox profile improves pop and performance through the balance of thicker, more powerful core sections with thinner, more flexible sections. Rider energy is transferred outward from beneath the feet, energizing the tip and tail while making the board snappier, more stable, and easier to manipulate.
- Carbon Highlights optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine tune torsional feel to achieve different ride characteristics. A 60° fiber angle creates a highly maneuverable and playful feel, while a 45° fiber angle provides a more aggressive ride. Hi-Voltage models like the Custom X and Custom X Flying V include the addition of carbon strands to the angled fiber layers to add life and further reduce weight.
- Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays Wide F!#@ing Open all season in any condition.
- Stronger, faster, easier, and designed to help dial-in the perfect stance for you - The Channel® gives you ultimate control of your stance and your board in a design compatible with all major bindings (not just Burton's).
- Introduced by Burton long before all the hype about wavy “serrated knife” edges, Frostbite extends out slightly beneath your bindings for tremendous edge-hold on hard, icy conditions. Powerful when you need them, playful when you don’t, Frostbite Edges are hungry for hard-pack while remaining smooth, flowing, and forgiving.
- Super Sap® is a resin formulated with bio-based materials that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional all-petroleum-based epoxies. Less oil consumption means even less of a carbon footprint per board, which is good in our book.
- A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
- Infinite Ride™ This Burton-exclusive technology allows us to maximize pop and strength by overbuilding the board, then putting it in a machine that breaks in the board for you. Whether you choose to ride Flat Top, Flying V™, or Camber, rest assured that with Infinite Ride™ your board will maintain its flex, pop, and feel from the first day forward, season after season.