Elan Ripstick 96 2019
If a smootheness indicator existed for skis, the Ripstick 96 would chart at 100%! A true freerider that doubles as an all-mountain ski for those who want ultimate versatility on the mountain. The Ripstick 96 uses the newest technology and lightest weight materials with a modern shape and taper design that make it a perfect choice for every day, on any mountain. It's wide enough to handle powder yet narrow enough in the waist to rip up the front side. With the Amphibio profile for exceptional maneuverability and edge grip, SST sidewalls for direct power transmission, and TNT technology for dynamic power, this multiple award winning ski provides a silky smooth ride no matter where your mountain exploration takes you.
|Extra Product Info|
TNT Core Technology
- Elan’s unique TNT technology is a combination of innovations that provides the best balance of light weight construction with power and performance. The core of the TNT Technology is the Tubelite Wood Core with carbon rods along the edges of the ski, combined with Vapor Tip Inserts. The end result is an extremely lightweight high performance ski with exceptional power, cushioning and stability.
- The Amphibio profile is a revolutionary ski design that integrates both rocker and camber profiles into dedicated left and right skis. Amphibio skis feature a cambered inside edge assuring precision, edge grip, and stability while a rockered outside edge provides forgiveness, turning ease and smooth transitions.
- The SST Sidewall Construction provides quick, nimble and direct power transmission from the ski to snow as well as providing exceptional torsional rigidity.
Tubelight Wood Core
- To create the TubeLite Wood Core, two super lightweight Carbon tubes are inserted into a lightweight laminated wood core. Measuring 5mm in diameter and hollow in their construction, these tubes run along the length of the ski following the arc of the side cut. They provide torsional stability and powerful rebound while allowing for material reduction of the core. The result is incredible lightweight response and stability.
- A Fibreglass reinforcement optimizes the ﬂex pattern and enhances torsional rigidity of the ski. The fibers are positioned either above or below the ski core and improve the ski’s structural integrity.