Supreme float and rally car-like handling have earned the Hovercraft a cult following. Riders around the world swear by the Hovercraft’s nimble maneuverability as this power-packed board deftly handles blower, crud or crust one and the same. The Hovercraft features a Spoon 4.0 Nose and Speed Channel tail. The edges of the Spoon nose are beveled up for improved float and turn fluidity while the tail edges are beveled up for less catch. In between the raised tail edges, the base is concave like a channel on a surfboard for improved glide. New for 2018, the Hovercraft’s Classic Core has been re-profiled for better torsional response between the feet.
|Extra Product Info
- 3D Contour Base 4.0 - Our most advanced 3D-base contour pattern featuring distinct spoon bevel in the nose, moderate spoon bevel in the tail and a shallow Speed Channel between the tail edges. The concave Speed Channel pushes loose snow out from under the board for added speed.
- Directional Rocker - A hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
- My experience is that most falls in freeriding start from the nose of the board – you either go over the bars in powder, the nose gets caught under a weird crust and tosses you, or you hit a hard tranny at the contact point of the tip and get bucked. Directional Rocker eliminates most of these falls.
- Traction Tech - Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board. “Traction Tech is a critical feature for rockered boards. Rocker improves glide in mixed conditions, but the decreased edge contact makes it harder to really lock into your turns and hold a solid edge. Traction Tech is crucial to offset the edge drift of rocker.” - Jeremy Jones
- Blunt Nose - “How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight.” - Jeremy Jones
- Progressive Sidecut - At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the side cut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Directional Shape / Swallow Tail
- Stiffness 07/10
- Sintered 7000 - Durable natural base material with added carbon for speed and good wax absorbency.
- Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Classic Core - Full wood premium slovenian poplar core that offers fun pop, even flex and solid durability.
- Biax Fiberglass - A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Factory Tuned - All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls- ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Oversized Recycled Edges - All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Bamboo Topsheet - Thin wood veneer layer offers even flex and sucks up chatter from uneven snow conditions.
Approx. weight (tolerance +/-15%), Size 156: 3.10kg
||Running Length (cm)
||Nose Length (cm)
||Tail Length (cm)
||Nose Width (cm)
||Waist Width (cm)
||Tail Width (cm)
||Sidecut Radius (m)
||Reference Stance (cm)
||Centered Stance (cm)
||Weight Range (lbs/kg)
||90-140 lbs. / 41-63 kg.
||110-160 lbs. / 49-73 kg.
||130-180 lbs. / 59-82 kg.
||160-210 lbs. / 73-95 kg.
||170-220 lbs.+ / 77-100 kg.+