The Mind Expander is an alternative all-mountain board that wants to slash every terrain feature in sight. Surf shaper Chris Christenson and Jeremy Jones designed the Mind Expander for the creative rider who draws lines blending freestyle, freeride and surf styles. For playful float in pow the Mind Expander features a Surf Rocker profile, SPOON 3.0 base contours and a hybrid directional shape. The blunted nose, full size tail and tight sidecut offer the nimble maneuverability of a directional board matched with the freestyle abilities of a directional twin. New for 2019, we’ve added Web Fused Carbon to the nose to eliminate vibration and smooth out the ride in rough snow.
|Extra Product Info
- Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
- At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
3D CONTOUR BASE 3.0
- Freeride focused 3D-base contours featuring an even balance of 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose and 7mm of spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.
- Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE.
WEND NATURAL WAX
- Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
BAMBOO SURF CORE
- Re-designed triple density Bamboo Surf wood core that features primarily paulownia stringers with bamboo stringers positioned in the pocket of the sidecut for better edge response and turn power.
- A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
RECYCLED ABS SIDEWALLS
- ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
OVERSIZED RECYCLED EDGES
- All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
CARBON WEB FUSED
- New carbon stringer pack that blends different widths of carbon matched to the specific needs of the board model. Featured on the surf collection models to eliminate nose vibration and on the Solution splitboard as a reinforcement under the binding. Made in the USA, EXCLUSIVE for Jones.
ECO PLASTIC TOPSHEET
- Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)