Digital/analog combo device with three antennas. The new Barryvox® S has a large receiving bandwidth and an effective search strip width of 70 meters. It offers users a large, simple interface and intuitive operation. The Smart Search function provides clear instructions thanks to a simple operating concept and quick, precise searching. The Barryvox® S includes the Rescue SEND function to protect non-searching rescuers. In the event of a secondary avalanche, the device automatically switches to SEND in order to locate buried rescuers. The Barryvox® S is also equipped with a Smart Search function, which interacts with the actions of searching rescuers.
- Effective digital search strip width: 70 meters
- Digital receiving range: 70 meters
- Extended search range: extended receiving bandwidth (analog): up to 95 m; Extended search strip width (analog): 100 m
- Circular receiving field: almost identical receiving range for X and Y antennas
- Compatible with lithium batteries (for battery life of 300 hours in SEND)
- Display: display with background lighting, very easy to read even when wearing polarized glasses
- Acoustic search guidance – A tone guides you in the directon of the buried subject and allows you to concentrate visually on the avalanche field during the search.
- Reverse direction function to avoid 180-degree search errors
- Group Check function quickly and easily checks the transmission frequency and level of devices to ensure optimal functionality.
- Intuitive visual interface provides detailed guidance through all search phases and an overview of multiple burial situations.
- Design: ergonomic, impact-proof and break-proof. Can be operated while wearing gloves
- Self-Test function checks that the device is transmitting and searching correctly on startup and provides ongoing send and battery test.
- Only intelligent fine search guidance on the market – The most advanced method to locate buried victims, offering unparalleled support and direct guidance throughout the most critical and stressful phase of the rescue operation.
- Buried subjects can be selected from a list, marked and unmarked in the event of a multiple burial situations.
- Buried subjects can be selected from a list, marked (MARK) and unmarked (UNMARK)
- Automatic switching from send to search (Auto Revert): if a rescuer does not move for 4 minutes, we assume a secondary avalanche and the device switches to SEND mode (motion-sensor controlled)
- Rescue-SEND – Protective function for non-searching rescuers. In the event of a secondary avalanche it automatically switches to SEND to allow the rescuer to be located.
- Auto guidance: device continues to guide the rescuer to the buried subject in the event of signal failures or overlaps
- Alternative search mode (analog mode) helps in resolving demanding search scenarios
- Personalization: start screen and user texts (for example, owner information) can be personalized
- Includes Barryvox® carrying system with SafeLock which prevents accidental activation of search mode
- W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance
- Manage the device fleet via W-Link
- Updatable software
- Operating temperature: -25° to +45° Celsius (-13° to +113° Fahrenheit)
- Vital data – Information about vital data and burial time is displayed in SEND mode for first responders.
- Pro-Search Setting – The combination of a digital direction and distance indicator with an analog tone in standard search mode, and allows access to the Alternative Search Mode.