The Dragonfly is a robust all-season shelter for 2 or even 3 campers. Rated to withstand severe winter conditions but built with outstanding ventilation control, the Dragonfly is at home traversing alpine peaks in winter and all-weather camping in Spring, Summer and Autumn.
Named after the Mont Dragonfly Tent from the early 2000s, the new Dragonfly is a testament to Mont’s long history of advanced tent design & manufacturing.
The 2021 Dragonfly has been upgraded as follows:
New 20 denier inner Nylon from previously used 15 denier
Improved and enlarged inner doors allow easier access
Full-width internal end pockets are larger and stronger
Increase to livable space with wider ridge pole and slight increase in internal height Improved drip-line over inner doors (See picture #5)
Stronger guy-line anchors thanks to extra hook-and-loop fly-to-pole attachments Includes 12 lightweight T-Bone Stake tent pegs.
There has been a slight weight increase over the previous generation Dragonfly Tent, but relative to the improvements outlined above, the weight is very marginal: four extra pegs, more durable interior, more livable space inside, among others.
While rated as a 4 season alpine tent, the Dragonfly is also appropriate for spring, summer and autumn camping thanks to its excellent and versatile ventilation: two internally accessible ceiling vents, full mesh/Nylon inner doors and the ability to 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 or completely open both fly doors.
The 100% waterproof tub floor on the Dragonfly is made from a highly durable 70 denier Nylon with a market-leading 25,000mm+ WaterBloc™ PU lamination. Mont WaterBloc™ PU lamination is better than regular PU lamination and significantly better than PU coating. Mont WaterBloc™ PU lamination is far more waterproof, more durable, still ultra-lightweight, more resistant to chemical damage (sunscreen, fuel etc) and almost impervious to hydrolysis.
- Weight: 2650g
- Minimum weight: 2455g (Inner, fly, poles, 2 pegs)
- Inner dimensions: 140cm wide x 220cm long x 110cm tall
- Inner floor area: 3.08m2
- Vestibules: 70cm wide each
- Compressed Tent Sack: 44cm x 18cm
- Collapsed Pole Length: 45cm
- Inner upper: Mesh and 20 denier ripstop Nylon
- Floor: 25,000mm+ WaterBloc™ PU Laminated 70 denier Nylon
- Fly: 30 denier ripstop Nylon, silicon DWR outside, 2000mm PU coating inside
- Poles: 3 piece DAC 9.6mm Featherlite NSL Poles
- Guy lines: 2x 3 point attachment guy cords
- Pegs: 12x T-Bone Stakes with cord pulls (8g each)