A mid-thigh length hardshell unisex jacket designed for use in driving rain, wild wind and rugged country. The Tempest Jacket is a proven commodity and this latest iteration will be just as popular and highly-regarded as its predecessor.
The Tempest hardshell rain jacket is made from durable 3-layer Hydronaute Pro fabric. Hydronaute Pro is designed specifically for use with heavy hiking packs and multi-day walks. As a 3-layer material it is durable, totally windproof, extremely breathable and incredible waterproof.
Double storm flaps, with Prym press studs, protect a durable #8 YKK zip with double sliders. Underneath the zip is a laminated flap for further protection from potential moisture penetration.
Side entry hand-warmer pockets and top entry cargo pockets at the waist, combined with a YKK AquaGuard zip chest pocket, offer ample space for a map, compass, snack and cold hands in icy weather.
- Mid-thigh length for greater protection
- Fully factory-tape-seam-sealed
- Sewn with hydrophobic Epic Thread
- Handwarmer pockets and cargo pockets at waist
- YKK AquaGuard zippered chest pocket
- YKK #8 front zip with double sliders
- Double storm flaps with Prym Stud closures over front zip
- Laminated under zip flap to further reduce chance of moisture penetration
- Soft but durable Rentex lining on the inside of under-zip-flap to reduce abrasion on chin
- Articulated elbows for comfortable movement
- Hook-and-loop adjustment at cuffs
- Waist drawcord concealed underneath Cargo pocket flap
- Adjustable 3-piece hood with shapeable wire brim, drawcord around hood facing, drawcord around crown, and hook-and-loop tab at back to adjust height