In the outdoors, you need a water filter for all conditions - clear or dirty water, the award winning Katadyn Vario is adjustable to different conditions. The filter eliminates bacteria, protozoa, cysts, algae, spores and sediments. Reduces chemicals and improves taste and odor thanks to a replaceable activated carbon granulate.
The Katadyn Vario uses ceramic as a cleanable dirt shield and glassfiber for microbiological filtration with minimal pump resistance. In "LONGER LIFE" mode, the turbid water is first prefiltered through the ceramic disk and has an output of approx. 1L/min. When operating in mode "FASTER FLOW", the water is directed straight to the glassfiber membrane, increasing the water flow to up to 2L/min.
A dual piston mechanism provides continous water flow with minimal effort, the rubber base a secure stand and an integrated bottle thread fits directly on Nalgene bottles (wide mouth).
The capacity is up to 2'000 litres, depending on the water quality.
Replacement filters are sold separately.
- Dimensions (cm): 19
- Diameter (cm): 10 ∅
- Output (L): 2 L/min
- Technology: Ceramic depth filter 0,2 micron, AntiClog Technology with 0,2 micron glassfiber, Activated carbon
- Weight (g): 425
- Effective against microorganisms
- Effective against bad taste
- Effective against chemicals
- Suitable for small groups up to 3 people
- Suitable for cloudy water
- For more frequent use
- Lightweight and portable for on-the-go adventures
- For travels by motorhome or car