We have applied the materials and construction techniques used on our popular Space 2 model to create a smaller, lighter package for solo hiking and cycle touring. We have used our unique dihedral 3-way pole hubs to create a low-profile, wedge-shaped tent envelope with an incredibly spacious interior. With the use of low denier, high tenacity nylons throughout, both versions are extremely light given the floor performance has not been sacrificed in the process - the high grade PEU coating delivers a minimum HH of 5,000mm. The Space 1 is uniquely equipped to stand up to strong wind - the conditions that send other tents in this weight category packing. You can invert your walking or ski poles and make them part of the Space 1 framework. Connect up the tent's internal hub-to-hub tension cord as well and the Space 1 achieves a level of stability only seen in heavy, multi-pole geodesic tents.
Winter Model: For solo travel through wet and cold climates the Space 1 Winter excels. The internal volume is maximised within a compact exterior, providing an extraordinarily livable space uniquely suited to handling inclement weather.
- Spacious, stable, 1.5-person, super-light backpacking tent
- Ground sheet option available for use with the outer tent
- Effective, innovative outer tent vent at ridge height
- Outer tent fabric: Siliconized 30 denier Nylon 6, 3000mm HH sil/sil coating
- Inner tent fabric: Light Grey 20d air-permeable ripstop nylon, Black 20d nylon mesh door screens
- Floor: 40d nylon with 5000mm grey-pigmented HH PeU coating
- Pole framework: 8.5mm OD 7001 aluminium, WE dihedral hubs, press-fit connectors
- Pegs: 6x 4-Flute HT Aluminium , with reflective pull cords